cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

When data stored in a value stream is available from thingworx services

dbologna
11-Garnet

When data stored in a value stream is available from thingworx services

I am getting from kepware a number of 160 changes on property A, 80 changes on property B and 40 changes on property C and D. the values ​​are received in a time interval of 90 seconds. These values ​​are stored in a value stream. Could it happen that a service, executed during the arrival of the data, still doesn't see the data, arrived in the previous instant, inside the value stream?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you storing your value streams in Postgres or Influx, clustered or not?

To put it shortly, in a simplified / degenerate case, I'd say yes, this is true for many / most "AP" NoSQL databases, as well as for relational RDBMS with master-slave replication or sharded RDBMS.

You can read about the CAP theorem and distributed databases, but take care - it's quite a rabbit hole

But what's the question actually about? Do you have a particular issue / use case?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Are you storing your value streams in Postgres or Influx, clustered or not?

To put it shortly, in a simplified / degenerate case, I'd say yes, this is true for many / most "AP" NoSQL databases, as well as for relational RDBMS with master-slave replication or sharded RDBMS.

You can read about the CAP theorem and distributed databases, but take care - it's quite a rabbit hole

But what's the question actually about? Do you have a particular issue / use case?

Top Tags