cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

auto refresh property value in mashup

justinoberle
10-Marble

auto refresh property value in mashup

I have a very simple example. I have a property value (number) that is updates every second on a thing. I can display this value in a mashup but I cannot figure out how to auto update the value every time it is changed. I have read many documents and none of the solutions have worked. I have tried this link as well.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS243895?&source=search

Any suggestions? This should be a pretty simple one, I am just new to mashups.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is a picture of this first option from the link you sent. 

snip.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:justinoberle)

If you use GetProperties you will have a push on update option that's one way you can go, this will have the server push to the mashup when the value changes.

The other approach is the Refresh timer which will retrieve the new value for you

Where do I locate these things? I have it pointing to the getProperties and and I bound the refresh interval with the automatically update checkbox checked. I am not sure how to "push on update option". I will explore the timer in the mean time but this sounds easier. Thanks. 

es, I have read this article as well as every other article available and I have tried everything with no success. I need an example I think. Can you provide this? I tried the timer option and I am not having any luck either.

Here is a picture of this first option from the link you sent. 

snip.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That looks like it should work.

if that isn't working, try to force a property update or else check the application log

So, when I view mashup the value will only update if I refresh or reload the page. So, technically it updates but I want it to update without having to reload the page. How do I view the application log in the hosted trial?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It looks like the wiring is correct, so I would recommend checking the application log for any errors.

If the push from server will not work, then you would add the Auto Refresh on the mashup to call the service every ### seconds

Well, I have no idea what was wrong but it is working now. I didn't change anything and retried and it works. Maybe something was wrong on PTC side of things last week. Anyways, I wish I had more insight as to how this is working now but apparently everything was set up fine from the start. 

Top Tags