cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

drop down list layer by layer thingworx

xiaoqw
15-Moonstone

drop down list layer by layer thingworx

clipboard_image_0.png

I want to do drop down layer by layer. for example. if I choose Production Volume and choose milk, next layer cannot show “Mozzarella” in the drop down.

9 REPLIES 9
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:xiaoqw)

You would create query services for each selection and then bind those to list/dropdown widgets.

after selection in one list, re-fire the services as necessary to repopulate them

xiaoqw
15-Moonstone
(To:PaiChung)

Hi, can you show me an example about that? I totally no idea how to do that?
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Can I ask how much of the Thingworx training have you finished so far and what have you done so far in creating services and mashups?

I'd like to have a baseline before I start explaining the steps.

xiaoqw
15-Moonstone

Actually, I just finished www.developer.thingworx.com tutorial, basic one only. services and mashup.

So I really need coding in details. logic I understand, but I don't know how to do in thingworx.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Great so you know how to create services and how to display returned information in a mashup.

Services can be set up with input parameters.

You'll have a service per each list/drop down box

based on 'selected row' of the source to a box, you now have the input parameters for the next service

based on 'selected row' changed you will trigger that next service which will bring back the data for the next drop down

xiaoqw
15-Moonstone

Yes. Let me show you my logic. 

First, I created one datashape, which included first layer name(string type) and next layer(infotable type). and I create Datatable which used this datashape. 

but my question is after I want to input data in the datadatable, only first layer name can put data, infotable cannot put data. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It is a bit difficult to answer your question since it is hard to understand exactly what you have and how you are trying to do it

DataTables have services to store data (as well as retrieve and query) those you'd leverage to interact with the datatable.

xiaoqw
15-Moonstone

you can see from my file inserted. I cannot edit infotable data in the datatable.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I apologize for not having the time to download and import your entities.

Sounds like very likely you are trying to do something that the widgets do not support.

So you may have to provide a different construct to allow the editing of that table inside your table.

For example use the selected row capability to display that table in yet another grid.

Top Tags