cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

google map pop up

leokeinsfeld
13-Aquamarine

google map pop up

Hi everyone,

I'd like to show some information when I ckeck the marker from google map.

Like example below:

r3.JPG

How can I do it?

9 REPLIES 9

Absolutely. Check the Google Map documentation available here: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FMashup_Builder%2FWidgets%2FGoogleMapWidget.html%23
The property you want is the TooltipMashupName.

Hi @VladimirRosu 

Thanks for you answer.

I have three markers on my map.

Is possible to show differents pop ups?

One pop up for each mashup.

I (as always) presume that you want them all displayed at the same time, which is a bit bloated tbh. Not supported at the same time - the user must select an item to see the popup.

Speaking about those 3 markers, are they always the same markers (I mean the user sees only 3 markers in total, or there is a larger population and he can select max 3 to see the popups for)?

Anyway, place that information in a grid/tab/panel besides the mashup  to get rid of all this complexity.

I have just 3 markers.

Each one has a different mashup to show.

When the user select the marker to show the referring pop up

The Mashup name is bindable. I think it would be more efficient now to test in the mashup a mashup change based on the selectedRowChanged event.

Hi @VladimirRosu 

How do I do to test the mashup based on the selectedRowChanged event?

Once you click on the markers in the map, the SelectedRow will change on the associated map source infotable (the Data property).

1. You can design a service which takes as an input parameter the Marker name (or whatever field uniquely identifies your marker) and retrieve the Mashup name that then you bind to the TooltipMashupName of that Google Map widget

or

2. You can just add the Mashup name as a field of that Data that is associated to the GoogleMap widget, and then bind that field from the SelectedRows collection to the same property I mentioned above.

2. You can just add the Mashup name as a field of that Data that is associated to the GoogleMap widget, and then bind that field from the SelectedRows collection to the same property I mentioned above.

I have done the follow:

1 - I have created a field base type "MashupName" on my InfoTable:

InfoTable.JPG

2 - I have used the service "GetProperties" and binded the "MashupName" from SelectedRow(s) to the property "TooltipMashupName"

dash.JPG

Is it correct?

Thank you for attention.

Can someone help me?

Top Tags