cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

how to add link in grid advanced

RM12
13-Aquamarine

how to add link in grid advanced

Hi,

I'm using Thingworx 9.0 version ,I want to add link in grid advanced (in each column rows).  How to add link in grid advanced??

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emscur
12-Amethyst
(To:RM12)

Hello @RM12,

I provided solution to this in another thread here.

Regards,

Emmanuel

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rocket_Max
17-Peridot

Hello @RM12 

These techniques are described in the following ThingWorx community posts

BR,

Max

mnarang
17-Peridot

one of the solution can be your source datashape hold a filed of type hyperlink and you can add your desired links to the infotable columms using this DS. Map this infotable to the advance grid and it will bring up the column containing link to your web links. 

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnarang)

Thanks for your reply .I followed your steps for link  I have taken a hyperlink link field in the data shape  and give link,  but it is not showing on the advance grid .

Please refer the below attachment

mnarang
17-Peridot

I am not sure what's wrong in your case, but I had a small sample in my composer. I am attaching the entities if you can import and check this. Let me know if still it does not work.

RM12
13-Aquamarine

Thanks for your response,I import all the entities and checked...it is work.I wan't to pass id through link it will show popup. when I click on a particular row link(view)  it will open a popup using this row id and when I click on another column row link ( view)  replace the window using another  row id .(please refer grid.png) Please refer below 2 attachment .How do I pass id through link??

Actually,I tried with collection I have 500+ number of rows data which is not possible to show  it is very slow to load all data. that's why I want to use the grid.( refer collection.png)

mnarang
17-Peridot

what is the role of passing the id through the link ? do you have link URL for id=1 different from link URL for id = 2 ?
I think you are already passing the hard coded link and you already have ID in the infotable, so if the ID is being used in the Link URL you can form that in the service for each specific row. Passing attributes from one mashup to another using standalone "Link" widget can give you a way through mashup parameters but here you have link under an infotable so you have to manage somehow. If the use of ID is something else, please elaborate  more.

RM12
13-Aquamarine

ID is already stored in Database,I want to provide link to each row so that when I click on link it will open mashup with this row id.please refer the below attachment I tried with collection widget

emscur
12-Amethyst

Hello @RM12,

I provided solution to this in another thread here.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Top Tags