cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how to add warning alert on dashboard?

Marcus_Konflanz
11-Garnet

how to add warning alert on dashboard?

hello friends, I'm users of the free Thingworx platform

I would like to know how I inform the user when one of the variables is irregular, for example:

production = 0 "production stopped"

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Marcus_Konflanz 

I have attached a mashup that uses all the different functions as example.

For your case, look at how the bottom field "Enter  text in upper case" is made.

A validator check that the text is in upper case (in your case that will be the value 0 for example) and then the output is sent to some status message functions.

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Marcus_Konflanz 

You can use a validator function to check the value and bind the true/false event to a Status Message function.

Hope this helps

Christophe

hello @cmorfin , thank you for your time

I didn't quite understand how to validate and associate the message, could you explain it to me?

Hi @Marcus_Konflanz 

I have attached a mashup that uses all the different functions as example.

For your case, look at how the bottom field "Enter  text in upper case" is made.

A validator check that the text is in upper case (in your case that will be the value 0 for example) and then the output is sent to some status message functions.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Hello @cmorfin
I appreciate your time and commitment to help me, but I was unable to solve my problem.

Hello @Marcus_Konflanz 

Are you struggling on something in particular ?

From what I understood you have got a mashup that display a value.

When this value is equal to 0, you want to display a message to the user .

If I understood well, then the sample mashup I sent you with the validator and status message on upper case text should be very similar to what you need.

Thanks

Christophe

Good morning @cmorfin.

it took me a while to understand, but I understood the proposal that you sent me. I appreciate your time and willingness.

Hi @Marcus_Konflanz.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags