cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

how to bind my infotable data to a pie chart so that all the colums in my infotable are displayed on the pie chart with their values

psaxena
1-Newbie

how to bind my infotable data to a pie chart so that all the colums in my infotable are displayed on the pie chart with their values

I have a infotable which has coulmn which displays the percentage of various categories. I want this data to be displayed on pie cahrt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The infotable should have at lest two columns, one with the label and the other with the value. And you need to set LabelVield and ValueField

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If you have a service which returns the infotable, you just need to bind the "All Data" result of the service to the Pie chart.

Hi Carles,

It's not working. We are binding all data of our service which is returning an infotable with pie chart but then what we need to select in data field and value field.?

The infotable should have at lest two columns, one with the label and the other with the value. And you need to set LabelVield and ValueField

we have a infotable which has 2 columns one as name and other as value. There are three rows in the infotable and we have binded the infotable to data of pie chart. We have selected the label field as name but it is giving us no option to select the value field.

You had defined the ValueField on the result DataShape type? and it's Numeric?

Oh Yes,

We had defined it as string so it was not working, but now its done.

Thanks Carles.

Is there any way to display the all values within a pie chart widget on the pie chart sections without having to mouse over each section?  Our end goal is to produce charts from data in ThingWorx that can be copied to a PowerPoint chart.

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I don't think so with the OOTB one, labels will be a nice thing to have also on Label Chart...

Carles.

Thanks Carles.  Are you aware of any 3rd party tools that we should consider?

You always can create Widgets with third party Charts Libraries, but that won't be a one day development. On marketplace there's the Custom Chart Widgets extension which supports Labels, but there isn't a pie chart...

Top Tags