Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to uninstall a failed linux install

Highlighted
Level 4

how to uninstall a failed linux install

The install in linux was interrupted. Now I am getting the dialog

There has been an error.
Previous installation of Thingworx_Foundation is found. Please uninstall the existing installation and then re-install.

I can't seem to find any docs on how to uninstall.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: how to uninstall a failed linux install

I dug around and deleted various directories `*worx*`. Then the install would run again.

But how I get this error dialog, which does not give me much to go on.

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running ./check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password **** --hostname "localhost" --hostport "8448" --useSSL=1: 1

Clicking thru the dialogs results in the main install dialog just saying it "failed"?

Is linux an uncommon install for thingworx?

Re: how to uninstall a filed linux install

Found and ran the uninstall script in /opt/twxFoundationH2Trail-8.3.2.

The tried installing again, this time without SSL.

Same error dialog at the end. However there was no install log created this time around.

Was using openjdk, so installed oracle jdk8 and tried again to install...

same error, again no install log (but there was an uninstall log)

Hi @memelet.

For the Administrator password, are you making it at least 10 characters in length? For our newest versions, we require a 14 character password, so you may want to try that instead.

Regards.

--Sharon

The install dialog enforces the password format.

So even though oracle jdk is the default, the install script sets JAVA_HOME as openjdk.

I manually change the JAVA_HOME in the places it is set incorrectly, then started the server. It starts. Can't login with the Adminstrator password I set during the install now...

Is there a way to change it without starting all over (again)?

So I did just ininstall, the install again. Still cannot login as Administrator.

Hi @memelet.

Is the installation now completing successfully?  When you say you can't login as Administrator, you're seeing the login dialog, correct?

Can you check for logs located in ..../ThingworxStorage/logs and post them here?  We might also need the Tomcat logs.

I did some checking and found there were some issues with the Linux installer.  We will have a new version of the ThingWorx trial versions being released in a few weeks which may resolve the issue if we are unable to resolve it in the meantime.

Regards.

--Sharon