cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

java home path error in thingworx foundation installer 8.4

effpt3
12-Amethyst

java home path error in thingworx foundation installer 8.4

I'm trying to install thingworx foundation 8.4 using postgres installer. It is failed due to some error, the below content is in log file

Executing sc
Error running sc query Thingworx-Foundation: Program ended with an error exit code
[16:20:13] - Valid Java executable path: C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_92/jre/bin/java.exe...

[16:20:13] - HOST_JAVA_HOME path: C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JDK18~1.0_9\jre...

8 REPLIES 8
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:effpt3)

@effpt3 

Could you please upload the complete install log file ?

Thank you

Christophe

effpt3
12-Amethyst
(To:cmorfin)

please find the logs in the attached file

vangne
16-Pearl

@effpt3  Is your JAVA_HOME pointing to the JRE directory?

Have you had an opportunity to review these articles?

1. CS295224

2. CS300950

Thanks,

Vibhuti

effpt3
12-Amethyst
(To:vangne)

I referred the above 2 article and my Environment variable are:

JAVA_HOME  is set to --> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92

PATH is set to --> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92 ; C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin

still I'm getting the same issue.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @effpt3.

I encountered this problem with the SQL Server installer and we had to do two things:

1. Remove the JAVA_HOME variable (you should be able to add this back after the install completes if needed)
  2. Add two statements to the path--one for the java runtime and a second one for the java runtime bin folder.  In your case that would be:  C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_92\bin and C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_92

If you have other java versions installed, these may be interfering with the install if they are included in the Path.

Regards.

--Sharon

effpt3
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

I Put the JRE Path as well, still not working.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @effpt3.

Would you mind if we opened a support case for troubleshooting this issue?  I'll be happy to open it on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @effpt3.

Just following up to see if you have resolved your issues with the ThingWorx Foundation 8.4 installer.  If so, please post the solution here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags