cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

local oracle database connectivity

Surekha
12-Amethyst

local oracle database connectivity

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to connect my local oracle db in thingworx platform.Please find the attachment of connection string for connection.Could please anyone help me out on this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Surekha,

Please validate the below points:

• Make sure that Thing Template is of OracleDBServer type on your thing.
  • Oracle Database server is accessible from your thingworx instance. You can validate it by making ping to database server.

If you still face issue please share your error screenshot also. Also let us know to which version of oracle database you are making connection.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Surekha,

It seems to be an issue in the configuration. Can you please provide the configuration as below and validate :

JDBC Driver Class Name : oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
JDBC Connection String : jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl
connectionValidationString : SELECT sysdate FROM dual

You need to change the localhost and orcl as per IP and SID of your oracle database.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Surekha
12-Amethyst
(To:hchanana)

Hi @hchanana,

Thank you for your response.I made changes which you have mentioned,but still it doesn't working.

Hi @Surekha,

Please validate the below points:

• Make sure that Thing Template is of OracleDBServer type on your thing.
  • Oracle Database server is accessible from your thingworx instance. You can validate it by making ping to database server.

If you still face issue please share your error screenshot also. Also let us know to which version of oracle database you are making connection.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Surekha
12-Amethyst

Hi @hchanana,

We have connected to oracle server and changed configuration.Oralce configuration is connected but service is not invoked.

Hi @Surekha,

Can you please share screenshot of General Information and Configuration tab of your thing.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Surekha
12-Amethyst

Hi @hchanana,

Please find the attachments of General Information,Properties and Configuration tab.

Hi @Surekha ,

Can you please confirm if you are still facing the connectivity issue. I have seen you opened support case related to this and solution was provided over the case.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Surekha
12-Amethyst

Hi @hchanana ,

Oracle connectivity issue is cleared by using RDBMS Connectors.

Thanks & Regards,

Surekha N.

Hi @Surekha ,

Can you please mark the appropriate response as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags