cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

next scheduler executions / CRON

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

next scheduler executions / CRON

Hello,

I need a functionality to determine the next execution date(s) of a scheduler based on it's cron and last execution date (or date range) but I could not find anything useable in Thingworx or Java. Having this capability I could provide an overview of the scheduled task to the End user.

Is there any tool that could help me to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danmorin
9-Granite
(To:gch)

Hi 

Manually you can get the last execution date by creating a date time property that will be updated when the scheduler is triggered. That way it will keep the last execution date.

For the next execution date, you can get the cron schedule via service

let table = me.GetConfigurationTable({
tableName: 'Settings' /* STRING */
});
let result = table.schedule;

and then from the result you can create a function to determine the next execution date

Hope this helps, thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
danmorin
9-Granite

Hi 

Manually you can get the last execution date by creating a date time property that will be updated when the scheduler is triggered. That way it will keep the last execution date.

For the next execution date, you can get the cron schedule via service

let table = me.GetConfigurationTable({
tableName: 'Settings' /* STRING */
});
let result = table.schedule;

and then from the result you can create a function to determine the next execution date

Hope this helps, thanks

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:danmorin)

Yes it does, but we cannot findout the execution date in the future, for instance for next month?

danmorin
9-Granite

You need to make the logic by yourself to count the next date. or use this API calls which may help you https://docs.cron-job.org/rest-api.html https://cron-job.org/en/ 

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:danmorin)

Alright thank you for the quick answers!

Top Tags