cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

passing selected values from dropdown to service parameter . . .

dgg
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

passing selected values from dropdown to service parameter . . .

Hi there -

We're on Thingworx 8.5.15.  I have a mashup that contains a dropdown widget.  I have a service that is used to populate the available choices for the dropdown.  I want to pass the selected values (plural) of the dropdown as a parameter to a second service for processing.  The second service takes a parameter of type String.  In this thread, @Ashritha states that it's a simple matter of binding the Selected Rows property of the first service as a parameter to the second service.  When I try this and log the parameter values received by the second service, I find that it only receives a single String value for processing.

What must be done in order to pass multiple values to a service parameter and receive multiple values as a service parameter?

thanks in advance,

dgg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dgg,

The parameter for your second service should be of type InfoTable and the DataShape of this InfoTable should match the output of the first service.  Make sure you bind the whole SelectedRows table and not an individual column.

Thanks,

Travis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @dgg,

The parameter for your second service should be of type InfoTable and the DataShape of this InfoTable should match the output of the first service.  Make sure you bind the whole SelectedRows table and not an individual column.

Thanks,

Travis

Hello @dgg 

Adding to Travis's post, this is what the connections could look like:

jensc_0-1672217475691.png

You could also use the "SelectedItems" property of the dropdown widget, however I have had more luck with the "Selected Row(s)" from the service.

Hey @TravisPickett -

I changed the input type of the service to InfoTable of the same DataShape, refreshed the mashup, and mapped the Selected Rows attribute itself (as opposed to the underlying column of interest) to the input parameter of the second service.  The service now works.  I knew it was something stupid that I was missing.

I really appreciate the help.  And thanks @jensc for the image - that helped too.

dgg

Top Tags