cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

platform timeout settings

maquet
1-Newbie

platform timeout settings

Hello,

let me start my first questions here.

Hopefully not to stupid from a newbie.

Is it possible to configure our platform that a user will not be logged out after a while if a remote session is active?

Sometimes I´m working a while in a remote session with the Desktop Viewer and when I´m jumping back to the platform I´m logged out.

I´ve tried to change the "Access session timeout" setting but I have only read access there.

Thank you for your help!

Torsten

6 REPLIES 6
mredel
1-Newbie
(To:maquet)

Hi Torsten

As you are a ODC hosted Customer I believe the platform settings are changed via hosting team only. Please submit ticket to the Axeda Support.

Hth

Maciej

It is a good question.  I have had the same experience of working in a desktop sharing session and then finding the main UI has logged out.

The user activity timeout is a system wide parameter.  A change in the time can be requested by opening a ticket with support.

We actually do some tricks to keep the child window containing the remote access applet from timing out during a session. So this is separate from the user activity timeout.

It seems the only solution is to request a longer timeout if you don't mind also making the same change for all users.

Any idea where to find this parameter? I have an on-prem deployment so looking to make this change myself.

Subsystems > UserManagementSubsystem > Configuration > Idle Timeout Session

You will need to restart tomcat in order to take it effect

chichen
5-Regular Member
(To:CarlesColl)

Is it possible to set different timeout for different organization? Thanks.

Not as standard, I don't know if with a custom authenticator it can be done.

Top Tags