cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

"Entity Not Found : [EntityServices ]" while calling APIs via Postman

Raccone
10-Marble

"Entity Not Found : [EntityServices ]" while calling APIs via Postman

Dear experts,

I am getting the error message you find in the subject while calling APIs under /Thingworx/Resources/EntityServices, while I have no issue for /Thingworx/Things. Checking previous posts I have seen that this looks like a common error when visibility rights are missing, but I am not sure of what the minimum requirements are (i.e., if it's enough to assign rights at the APIKey level, or if you need to create an Organization and/or UserGroup).

Thanks and best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are giving visibility permissions for entities such as things, templates etc. But the functions and entity services lies under resources as mentioned earlier. You have to give permissions to resources.

abhiramk_0-1598617317563.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

All Entity services, Sessions services and all functions existed under resources. You can just go to resources and provide visibility permissions to default organization existed in the system which is 'everyone' or you can create a new organization and provide visibility permission for you organization.

Hello @abhiramk,

Thanks for your answer, I have provided visibility permission like this (FVTestThing is the Thing Template I am trying to instantiate):

permVis.PNGBut this is not doing it for me. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Federico 

You are giving visibility permissions for entities such as things, templates etc. But the functions and entity services lies under resources as mentioned earlier. You have to give permissions to resources.

abhiramk_0-1598617317563.png

It is clear now, thank you for your explanation!

Top Tags