cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

tabsequence - tabbing between widgets

KentV
4-Participant

tabsequence - tabbing between widgets

The tabsequence property on widgets seems obvious, but for some reason, I have been unable to get the tabbing order correct.   I also can find zero documentation that explains the syntax short of it indicating it's the sequence of tab order.   I have taken widgets and numbered them sequentially, but the tab order ( tab key ) does not seem to work.    

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:KentV)

For your reference, Jira PSPT-7306 has been reported.  I will close this thread for now and will update you once there is any status change.

(I may have given you the wrong, internal number in the chat). 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your ThingWorx platform version and the browser you are using?

KentV
4-Participant
(To:posipova)

We are on Thingworx 8.4 and I'm using Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).   All running on a Mac Book Pro. 

Thanks in advance. 

-- Kent

posipova
20-Turquoise

To clarify, are you trying to use hot keys to tab?

KentV
4-Participant

"To clarify, are you trying to use hot keys to tab":   I am simply using the TAB key to move between the widgets on the mashup.  The image shows a series of text fields, the user should be able to use the tab key to move between fields. widgets - tab.jpeg

posipova
20-Turquoise

Unfortunately, this isn't part of ThingWorx functionality. You can use the keys to "tab" to the widget but not to go through the values/content, regardless of the OS.

KentV
4-Participant

That's surprising - but if that is the case, can someone explain the  "tabsequence" property found on most mashup widgets?   

We will have significant customer dissatisfaction if the users cannot simply tab between widgets in a correct order when filling out a form.

Thanks! 

posipova
20-Turquoise

For your reference, Jira PSPT-7306 has been reported.  I will close this thread for now and will update you once there is any status change.

(I may have given you the wrong, internal number in the chat). 

Top Tags