cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

textbox widget

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

textbox widget

The default values of infotable passing to the grid. But why the default values of infotable not passing to the Textbox widget.?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:TonyZhang)

Not sure how you implemented this exactly but glad to hear it's working.

Here's some suggestions from me if applicable.

From the screenshot, it appears the IndividualAlertNames service is taking in SelectedMachineDetails infotable as an input parameter. My guess is that this is bound with the SelectedRows of the Grid.

You can use SelectedRowsChanged event of the service that bound to the grid to trigger IndividualAlertNames service instead of triggering the service upon mashup loaded together with a delay function to wait for SelectedRows input.

Alternatively, if possible you can git rid of the IndividualAlertNames service. Only use the service that binds to the grid but add one more column called Alerts to the output of the service. Configure grid column not to display the Alerts column. Bind the selected row > alerts to textboxes. In this case, no need to worry about the service trigger timing or passing input parameter but should also do the trick.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi,

I believe you are not supposed to bind an infotable data to Textbox widget. You can bind String data or Number data for example to Textbox widget. If that String data or Number data has default value, it should be passed to the Textbox widget.

For clarity could you please provide entities including relevant Mashup, Things, Datashapes and the Thingworx version for us to replicate the issue?

Best regards,

Tony

I am binding selected rows of infotable which having only one row to textbox widget. The infotable's data shape having default values. If the infotable doesn't received any inputs, it should display default values in the textbox.

Please look at the image I have attached.

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

Thanks for the clarification. I see you are binding selected row's field to each text box.

Could you please make sure the returned All data of the service (IndividualAlertNames) is bound to a grid or a list and the row selection is enabled for grid or list and a row is properly selected?

Yeah i tried. i figured out the service is triggering and providing output before it is receiving inputs. I used a delay to trigger a service. Now it is working fine. thanks for your help. 

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:TonyZhang)

Not sure how you implemented this exactly but glad to hear it's working.

Here's some suggestions from me if applicable.

From the screenshot, it appears the IndividualAlertNames service is taking in SelectedMachineDetails infotable as an input parameter. My guess is that this is bound with the SelectedRows of the Grid.

You can use SelectedRowsChanged event of the service that bound to the grid to trigger IndividualAlertNames service instead of triggering the service upon mashup loaded together with a delay function to wait for SelectedRows input.

Alternatively, if possible you can git rid of the IndividualAlertNames service. Only use the service that binds to the grid but add one more column called Alerts to the output of the service. Configure grid column not to display the Alerts column. Bind the selected row > alerts to textboxes. In this case, no need to worry about the service trigger timing or passing input parameter but should also do the trick.

From your alternative solution, we can bind only columns to textbox. If one column having only one row value it can be binded to textbox. If a column had values more than one row it is not possible right ?

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

> From your alternative solution, we can bind only columns to textbox.

↑ Not quite get what you mean by the above sentence.

>If one column having only one row value it can be bound to textbox.

Yes. That makes only one cell data to be displayed on textbox.

>If a column had values more than one row it is not possible right ?

I believe it's still possible which you can have a try, but the textbox will only display the first cell of the first row.

Okay

Top Tags