cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

when Dropdown list holds values from Infotable created as Property in a Thing

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

when Dropdown list holds values from Infotable created as Property in a Thing

Hi,

I have bound my Infotable data (created as property with only one Column) with Dropdown . i am getting values in dropdown but how can i take selected value as input to a Service?. my infotable property finds in getPropertyValues().

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe this query is related to your previous query. This type of design is very straight forward but I believe there is something in your design which is not clear from your query description. One of the issue in your design can be are you trying to do a selected row from a nested infotable ? That basically means are you trying to select a property from an infotable which is under Selected Row(s) section of data panel ? I would like to tell you Selected Row(s) is itself an infotable and you can select property under this. But if you want to select a property which is under a property of type infotable which is again under the hood of Selected Row(s) it will not work this way. you will not be able to use selected row from nested infotables. You can see my simple mashup attached for reference.

If you have something else, then please elaborate more clearly.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I believe this query is related to your previous query. This type of design is very straight forward but I believe there is something in your design which is not clear from your query description. One of the issue in your design can be are you trying to do a selected row from a nested infotable ? That basically means are you trying to select a property from an infotable which is under Selected Row(s) section of data panel ? I would like to tell you Selected Row(s) is itself an infotable and you can select property under this. But if you want to select a property which is under a property of type infotable which is again under the hood of Selected Row(s) it will not work this way. you will not be able to use selected row from nested infotables. You can see my simple mashup attached for reference.

If you have something else, then please elaborate more clearly.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

Thanks for sharing Mashup snap . worked.

Top Tags