cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

3D labels and 3D images show up on phones but not tablets

JR_10180367
5-Regular Member

3D labels and 3D images show up on phones but not tablets

I am running into an odd problem. My experience has 3D labels and 3D images that are visible in preview mode and on my iphone but not on my ipad pro. I am not sure what the cause of this is.

This is true for every experience I have published currently. Even ones that previously worked fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JR_10180367 , thanks for the feedback. I checked the project by simple loading it to our ES.- public 

2023-01-27_16-52-00.jpg

https://view.vuforia.com/command/view-experience?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmrerot7o.studio-trial.thingworx.io%2FExperienceService%2Fcontent%2Fprojects%2Ftest4label_ipadpro%2Findex.html%3FexpId%3D1

I scanned the project on the iPad Pro(IPad Pro 11 inch 3th Generation) with IOS 16.3 and Vuforia View 9.8.0(2155) but no issue I could observed. So I think the display was ok:

IMG_0011x.PNG

So you can try to scan this project and when you reproduce the same issue - so possibly there was some issue with the device setting. First check the IOS and Vuforia View version. Possibly some special configuration or tool installed on this device?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@JR_10180367 Could you please share the Vuforia View log file of your iPad pro to track the issue?

JR_10180367
5-Regular Member
(To:ytella)

I just tested again with a brand new project. No CSS, Added 1 label and 1 3D image. Both show up on my iphone. Neither shows up on my Ipad

Hi @JR_10180367 ,

- I also tested today some projects on IPad Pro 11 inch 3th Generation and could not observe that there are any general issue with the display. Actually the display is much better and performance is much better comparing to other devices /android phone and ipad older - 6 generation) 

In case that I will have such  issue, I will check:

- when you create a new Mobile standard project where you have only one label and one image. you do not use any styles and scripts and then select for the 2D area IPad display . So publish this project and see if the display is ok. Also you can test to  set the project type in the Studio Project> Configuration>Info >Minimum Screen Width  (phone 320 or Tablet 600) - test both to see if there is difference

- then check the version of the Vuforia View and if required then update to the latest available version

- when the issue is not general (that what I suspect) but only specific to your project - then check if there are used some styles (css definition from the app.scss which possible are not working on the IPad pro

JR_10180367
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

I just tested again with a brand new project. No CSS, Added 1 label and 1 3D image. Both show up on my iphone. Neither shows up on my Ipad. 2D stuff and 3D model are visible on both ipad and phone

Preview attachment logfile.txt

Preview attachment logfile-previous.txt

logfile-previous.txt
1.3 MB

logfile.txt
283 KB

Vuforia view is up to do.

@JR_10180367 , thanks for the feedback. I checked the project by simple loading it to our ES.- public 

2023-01-27_16-52-00.jpg

https://view.vuforia.com/command/view-experience?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmrerot7o.studio-trial.thingworx.io%2FExperienceService%2Fcontent%2Fprojects%2Ftest4label_ipadpro%2Findex.html%3FexpId%3D1

I scanned the project on the iPad Pro(IPad Pro 11 inch 3th Generation) with IOS 16.3 and Vuforia View 9.8.0(2155) but no issue I could observed. So I think the display was ok:

IMG_0011x.PNG

So you can try to scan this project and when you reproduce the same issue - so possibly there was some issue with the device setting. First check the IOS and Vuforia View version. Possibly some special configuration or tool installed on this device?

JR_10180367
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thanks for testing. I just deleted my view app and the redownloaded it and that seemed to solve the issue. 

Thank you

i also had same issue with iPad but after restarting the IPad issue is resolved. 

Top Tags