cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can shaders be used on multiple models in a single view?

Ace_Rothstein
6-Contributor

Can shaders be used on multiple models in a single view?

I am trying to apply different shaders on multiple models in a single view. Apparently the usual method is not working. Only one particular model is being applied a shader at a time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

when I tested the shader with 2 different models I was also able  to reproduce an issue where the second model does not work.

I used a glass shader. What is not clear if the tmltext shader definition is not working because there is some problem with shader implementation or this is a general studio issue. 

I tested the issue further and it was strange that then it was working when I set the first model (where the shading was display ok) to invisible - model visible property was set to false . The display on the both model are working fine for selected modelItems / This was working in preview and on IOS Ipad 6 device. But later when I tested it again I have again an issue.

After some further checks  in the end I  found that it works with several models when you do not set the sequence property. In this case shader settings are displayed   ok

2020-02-28_12-17-41.jpg

I used some js code for setting of the class shader :

/////////
$scope.setupModelItem = function() {
    $scope.view.wdg['model-1']['visible']  = true;
    $scope.view.wdg['model-2']['visible']  = true;
   console.info("started setupModelItem function");

$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-2'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  //--mdl 2
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-3'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-4'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-5'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";

$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-2'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  //--mdl 2
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-3'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-4'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-5'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 

console.info("finished setupModelItem function");
}
//

//////////////////////////
$rootScope.$on("modelLoaded", function () {
 $scope.setupModelItem();  });

The shader was displayed ok in several modelItems widget on the both models

2020-02-28_12-22-35.jpg

Seems that there is a general problem when we set the sequence property of a model and try to apply shader on several model widgets.

You can test if you disable this property  e.g.

$scope.setWidgetProp("model-1","sequence","")

You can try to merge the several models to one assembly but  I believe that there always an issue could occurs  when we try to use at the same shader and sequence on the same model.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

when I tested the shader with 2 different models I was also able  to reproduce an issue where the second model does not work.

I used a glass shader. What is not clear if the tmltext shader definition is not working because there is some problem with shader implementation or this is a general studio issue. 

I tested the issue further and it was strange that then it was working when I set the first model (where the shading was display ok) to invisible - model visible property was set to false . The display on the both model are working fine for selected modelItems / This was working in preview and on IOS Ipad 6 device. But later when I tested it again I have again an issue.

After some further checks  in the end I  found that it works with several models when you do not set the sequence property. In this case shader settings are displayed   ok

2020-02-28_12-17-41.jpg

I used some js code for setting of the class shader :

/////////
$scope.setupModelItem = function() {
    $scope.view.wdg['model-1']['visible']  = true;
    $scope.view.wdg['model-2']['visible']  = true;
   console.info("started setupModelItem function");

$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-2'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  //--mdl 2
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-3'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-4'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-5'].texture   = "app/resources/Uploaded/cvc.jpg?name=tex0&edge=repeat";

$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-2'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  //--mdl 2
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-3'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-4'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 
  $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-5'].shader   = "glass;refindex f 0.2;envrotate f 0.5"; 

console.info("finished setupModelItem function");
}
//

//////////////////////////
$rootScope.$on("modelLoaded", function () {
 $scope.setupModelItem();  });

The shader was displayed ok in several modelItems widget on the both models

2020-02-28_12-22-35.jpg

Seems that there is a general problem when we set the sequence property of a model and try to apply shader on several model widgets.

You can test if you disable this property  e.g.

$scope.setWidgetProp("model-1","sequence","")

You can try to merge the several models to one assembly but  I believe that there always an issue could occurs  when we try to use at the same shader and sequence on the same model.

Hello @RolandRaytchev!

Thank you for your solution. I attempted to run the code in your described method and it has worked successfully. It was great help! Thank you once again

Top Tags