cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can't access Experience Service proxy settings

tbai1
1-Newbie

Can't access Experience Service proxy settings

Hello,

Currently with ThingWorx View, the app prompts for my PTC credentials each time I launch my ThingWorx experience. I'd like to share the experience with others so I would like to remove the credential prompt.

I'm currently following the steps outlined in the "Configuring Public Access to ThingWorx" help article:

https://help.vuforia.io/studio/#page/ThingWorx_Studio_Help_Center%2FAnonymousAccess.html%23

I'm having issues with steps 4 and 5:

4. Navigate to the Administrative Console for the Experience Service.

5. Edit the ThingWorx proxy settings and set the anonymous application key parameter so that it equals the keyId property for the application key that was created in Step 3.

When I navigate to my Experience Service settings page (https://xxxxx.pp.vuforia.io/ExperienceService/ui/#/settings), I see a page that says "Sorry! No settings available"

How can I complete these steps? Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
wvangeem
10-Marble
(To:tbai1)

I have the same problem trying to connect/login to my ExperienceService.

It's the only thing I can do in this page.

Any response yet from PTC or from someone else?

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:tbai1)

The "sorry! no settings available" is the normal home page for the Experience Service. There are no configuration settings available within the Experience Service.

It looks like the configuration settings have since been updated. Please find the steps below:

To allow public Experiences access to ThingWorx without prompting users to authenticate, the Experience Service and the associated ThingWorx server must be configured to enable public access. To allow public access to ThingWorx, an application key must be created in ThingWorx that can be used to access any properties or services in ThingWorx that are required by publicly connected Experiences. Use the following steps to create the necessary application key in ThingWorx.

1. Create a user named es-public-access.

2. Create an organization named es-public-access-org.

3. Add the es-public-access user to the es-public-access-org organization.

4. Configure the user so that it has the necessary permissions to access the ThingWorx data required by the public Experiences. For more information about the permissions that must be granted to the es-public-access user, see the “User Authorization” section below.

5. Configure the es-public-access-org organization so that it has the necessary visibility permissions to access the ThingWorx data required by the public Experiences. For more information about the permissions that must be granted to the es-public-access-org organization, see the “User Authorization” section below.

6. Create an application key and associate it with the es-public-access user.

7. Navigate to the Administrative Console for the Experience Service.

8. Edit the ThingWorx proxy settings and set the anonymous application key parameter so that it equals the keyId property for the application key that was created in Step 3.

Top Tags