cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Close/Hide a modal opened view by Javascript

Christian_S
6-Contributor

Close/Hide a modal opened view by Javascript

We have an modal opened view in our vuforia application with a button on top.

When we press this button we want to close the modal view and navigate to another main view.

Example:

MainMenuView is open

-> Navigation to a 3D-Model view

-> Click on a help button which opens a 2D Help or Informationview as modal

-> Click on a button inside this modal view should close the modal view and navigate back on the mainmenu.

On another post here in the community i found a function of JavaScript which seems to do what I want

"app-fn-hide-modal" but I can't figure out on which scope this is called and with which kind of parameters.

Maybe in this way? 

$scope.app.fn.hide-modal('view-1');

it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help here?

Javascript documentation for vuforia seems like a pain for me 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did you try binding your button to the modal view object in the usual way? Select the button, click on the arrow for the Click event, drag it and drop it onto the modal view object in the View tree, and select "Hide Modal" from the popup. That should be all you need to make a button that dismisses the modal view.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Christian_S ,

One of the ways to implement this scenario is by using Multiple views. In Vuforia Studio, you can create multiple application screens. By default, a Home View is created upon the creation of new experience. To create a new view,

• Create a + icon next to views, Type a name in the name field and choose 2D view
  • Add required widgets in this 2D view
  • Preview the experience. The first view on the list will be your starting screen for your application. In the top left corner there is a Menu button which enables us to switch between views as shown below:Screenshot_28.png

Screenshot_29.png

• Clicking on Help will navigate to Help View. In the top left corner there is a back button to go back to the Home viewScreenshot_30.png

Hope this helps!

Did you try binding your button to the modal view object in the usual way? Select the button, click on the arrow for the Click event, drag it and drop it onto the modal view object in the View tree, and select "Hide Modal" from the popup. That should be all you need to make a button that dismisses the modal view.

cmodin
6-Contributor
(To:Christian_S)

I think you may want the twx.app.fn.navigate('view') function, switching between views (at least in my experience) resets popups and other elements to their original positions unless modified by application parameters at runtime. Hope this helps!

Top Tags