cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Connecting Vuforia Studio with server/ local dates from Azure cloud

Rapha97
7-Bedrock

Connecting Vuforia Studio with server/ local dates from Azure cloud

Hi,

I want to connect a new project in Vuforia Studio with the Azure cloud. Therefore I have to install ThingWorx (TWX). According to an other questions in this forum, it is impossible to connect TWX trial version to Vuforia Studio (trial version).

Is it possible, that I copy the data from the azure cloud to a server or save them local and connect the project to those data, just using Vuforia Studio?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Rapha97)

@Rapha97  If I understood your question correctly then I believe you are looking to directly use azure cloud exported data inside Studio Trail instance without using ThingWorx. This is not feasible with Trail instance as Studio Trial does not allow edit, import of data & entity.

In case you have your on-premise Experience Service & TWX then you can integrate your Azure cloud data or even import data into TWX which could then be used within Studio application. 

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Rapha97 ,

because this question seems to be something like what is possible - therefore I want first to refer to the following helpful guide:

Use the ThingWorx Azure IoT Hub Connector with simulated appliances.

For example I have a test Thingworx server which is working on Azure Windows instance which is connected / used for an  Experience Service. In this case the Experience service also installed on the same azure windows instance.

But your Experience Service also Thingworx instance does not need to be installed in azure. It could be anywhere. It is required that the azure instance is visible for your   Thingworx installation and also that Thingworx is visible for the azure cloud. 

Alternatively you can also use rest API for connectivity "Choose a Connectivity Method"

Thank you for the fast answer.

Is there a way to connect Vuforia Studio (without TWX) to the exported data (e.g. SQL Database)?

Sorry for maybe asking dumb questions, but I am totally new to Vuforia

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Rapha97  If I understood your question correctly then I believe you are looking to directly use azure cloud exported data inside Studio Trail instance without using ThingWorx. This is not feasible with Trail instance as Studio Trial does not allow edit, import of data & entity.

In case you have your on-premise Experience Service & TWX then you can integrate your Azure cloud data or even import data into TWX which could then be used within Studio application. 

-Durgesh

Rapha97
7-Bedrock
(To:dupatel)

@dupatel Do I have to have an extra license for THX or Experience Service to use it with the Vuforia Trail version?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Rapha97  When you start Studio Trail, then you actually get a Trail instance with TWX, Experience Service automatically configured and available for you to use. However, this instance has limitations & restrictions that you cannot create, edit, import new entities. 

If you would like to have an instance where you can create custom TWX entities, data for use in your AR experience then you will have to subscribe or get a paid version which could be an On-premise solution or PTC hosted for TWX & ES service.

I hope it clarifies.

-Durgesh

Top Tags