cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Create Pvi file of Pvz file

lundha
6-Contributor

Create Pvi file of Pvz file

I read some posts on this topic, but I still haven't figured out how to do this. I have created a Creosoting Illustrate file with multiple sequences and published this into a .pvz file. I have tried to change name to .zip without any luck. I am not sure how to proceed to create .pvi files? any help here? 

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to do anything.  In the really early versions of Studio, you had to upload the PVI file separately for it to be able to read them.  Now, you just publish the PVZ file from Creo Illustrate and upload it as a resource and Studio can read all the PVI files from directly inside the PVZ.

FYI, the PVI file is a text format file that describes all the items and their behaviors defined in the sequence.  So if you really want to see them, simply take the PVZ file (which is just a ZIP file) and extract it out using a tool like 7-Zip and you can see the PVI files.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You don't need to do anything.  In the really early versions of Studio, you had to upload the PVI file separately for it to be able to read them.  Now, you just publish the PVZ file from Creo Illustrate and upload it as a resource and Studio can read all the PVI files from directly inside the PVZ.

FYI, the PVI file is a text format file that describes all the items and their behaviors defined in the sequence.  So if you really want to see them, simply take the PVZ file (which is just a ZIP file) and extract it out using a tool like 7-Zip and you can see the PVI files.

Top Tags