cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Custom widget behaviour query

Jamal8548
12-Amethyst

Custom widget behaviour query

Hey community,

I have a custom widget when we call it then the window opens which takes a signature from user.

Question:  I have three views

1) START  loads on start  

2) HOME  jump to this view from start

3) USER   jump to this view from home

and i am using this custom sign widget in two views HOME and USER and my work flow is from START => HOME => USER.

Now its this custom widget works perfectly fine on HOME view but when i reach to USER view and try to use this widget which i declare again in this view i mean drag drop this widget but this widget is not working means not showing the window to sign. my screen gets white and i cannot see anything when i use this widget... twx.app.fn.triggerWidgetService('zfSignPageSwitch', 'takeSignature')

but

when i come directly from STARTUP TO USER VIEW then its working perfectly fine on user view.

is there any clean i need to do when i come from HOME TO USER view ? or why it does not work when i come from HOME to USER and both have this widget. any idea ???

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Jamal8548 ,

I think the custom widget seems /proof is your test/ to work when you go the a start view - means widget is added to the view and the view is set as start view- means  it does not matter which view is defined as start view it works the first time but not when you go with navigate to this view , right. It is a good question if this is a general problem with initialization of custom widgets  - I do not believe so , but possibly some specific issue of  your code. So you can e.g. outsource the code what you use in the widget and try to the same outside the widget in the View widget where you navigate then the second time. So will this then work? Because possibly this is an initializing issue of the code what you use there

So possibly what we can do is:

• to test the problem with a simple custom widget to see if this work when we change to the view widget with navigate
  • to outsource the implemtation and see if it will work for the same scenario

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thanks for your reply. I have one question may be you know well about it. My question is that is it possible that i upload my pvz files may be 10 models in windchill and from windchill i take those files via Thingworx and give it on the front end on vuforia studio. 

So that i can always do changings on pvz files on windchill upload them there and rest of the process will work automatically. With this i dont have to always upload the pvz files in vuforia studio with changings i will just make changings on windchill because there we have database and rest of the process would be the same.

What do you think about this idea? 

Hi @Jamal8548 ,

the one possibly option I see is:

-> publish file to folder from windchill  -  viewable e.g. from  Windchill cad assemblies / windchill worker process/ to some directory

-> load this data to a Thingworx repository on the server where the Experience Service is installed

-> When the data is in TWX file repository then download dynamicaly the files in the project   via TWX service from JS or external data section. 

Another option to get the data to TWX is to use Navigate, but how to do that , please address a question in the TWX Navigate communty

Thanks

olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:Jamal8548)

Hi @Jamal8548 ,
I wanted to see if you got the help you needed. If so, please mark the relevant reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation. 

Thanks,

Olivier

hi @olivierlp  i am still working on this task and i think i will have few questions regarding this topic. Afterwards i will mark this as a solution once it will be done. thanks

Top Tags