cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Customizing Experience URL

lcase
9-Granite

Customizing Experience URL

As I understand, Vuforia Studio allows you to share an experience using an Experience QR Code as well as a Experience URL. Is it possible to customize the Experience URL?

Thanks!

Laura

1 REPLY 1

Hi @lcase ,

so far, I know, currently there is no functionality to customize the URL of the experience because it has a specific syntax containing the command the server and experience id

QR Code contains the same URL as the link shown on the left side of the share dialog:

2019-07-28_23-52-57.jpg

When we scan the QR code with QR Code app we will have the same deep link:

2019-07-28_23-57-59.jpg

I am not sure if it will work when we redirect a link on server (301)  [URL Redirection] - or we could try to redirect only the link after the view command:

vuforiaview://ptc.com/command/view-experience?url=[URL-encoded URL]

where the green part is the Vuforia View command (Open Experience) and the remaining part of the  deep LINK  is  server and project specific. This maybe will work if you call the link in browser and the browser then will delegate the link to Vuforia View - so that the redirection will occur on browser level. Scanning directly in Vuforia view probably will not work (because the link does not contain the experience open command)

Top Tags