cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Design UI in 3D Eyewear (Hololens II)

KM
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

Design UI in 3D Eyewear (Hololens II)

Hi,

Currently, we are developing an AR project in mobile view. Now, we want to shift the project using 3D eyewear (Hololens II). We are only using a trial version of vuforia studio.

Is there any way to migrate a 2D UI in 3D eyewear (Hololens II) view? How to design 2D UI in Hololens II?

For example, I want to make a panel containing list of instructions as attached in the figure below. If possible, I would like to have a list of checkbox displaying instruction. 

MiKha_0-1613030398620.png

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RolandRaytchev
21-Topaz I
(To:KM)

Hi @KM ,

there  are  some widgets under development which could make  more easy  to port a 2d functionality on the HoloLens.

But actually, all elements of the HoloLens are 3d.  So all UI elements are located on some 3d position in the 3D space.

You need to use on the HoloLens 3d elements to create you UI interface / 3DImage , 3DLabel 3DButton  and ModelItems to design you UI - actually 3d. When you use some effect like a billboard - this could simulate the effect of 2d elements where the UI is always  in you visible field - means when you move the device by looking on different location the UI will always move with it so that it is visible in the front of the eye direction

Here some ideas how to implement UI on HoloLens device – so you can check the following posts:

1.)How can we make a 3D Widget on HoloLens visible in front of me everytime ?

2.) How to create a custom button pressable on HoloLens device?

3.) Display SVG as 3D Image on Hololens

4.)Is it possible to create Proportional Chart or Progress Gauge in Vuforia Studio?

5.) Is 3d Widget Dialog possible?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RolandRaytchev
21-Topaz I
(To:KM)

Hi @KM ,

there  are  some widgets under development which could make  more easy  to port a 2d functionality on the HoloLens.

But actually, all elements of the HoloLens are 3d.  So all UI elements are located on some 3d position in the 3D space.

You need to use on the HoloLens 3d elements to create you UI interface / 3DImage , 3DLabel 3DButton  and ModelItems to design you UI - actually 3d. When you use some effect like a billboard - this could simulate the effect of 2d elements where the UI is always  in you visible field - means when you move the device by looking on different location the UI will always move with it so that it is visible in the front of the eye direction

Here some ideas how to implement UI on HoloLens device – so you can check the following posts:

1.)How can we make a 3D Widget on HoloLens visible in front of me everytime ?

2.) How to create a custom button pressable on HoloLens device?

3.) Display SVG as 3D Image on Hololens

4.)Is it possible to create Proportional Chart or Progress Gauge in Vuforia Studio?

5.) Is 3d Widget Dialog possible?

Top Tags