cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Display instructions on button click with respective to sequence steps

AS16
12-Amethyst

Display instructions on button click with respective to sequence steps

Hi, 

Currently I working on AR project for step-by-step assembly process and we actually not familiar with Vuforia. 

Need advise for my problem regarding my concern on 'Play' button that I have created. I need Vuforia to display the sequence instruction when user click on 'Next' button. For now, the first step instruction display throughout the whole process, but I actually want one step with one instruction process. 

Hope anyone can advise me on this matter. Really appreciate it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This problem has different solution depending on the source where you should receive the step description. e.g. the description could be implemented as Annotation description text to the sequence step in Creo Illustrate but also the step description could be contained by some Json files in the local upload directory or on the Thingworx platform.

Here is a PTC article which describes how to access the Creo Illustrated sequence step description: 

Displaying Text Descriptions / Annotation for specific animation steps in ThingWorx Studio

Please, let  me know if you can open the link above. If there is some problem I could add the info to this post

So also related  simple example is mentioned in the post: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Display-the-next-step-name-from-Creo-Illustrate/m-p/707284#M9179

The following post also describes some techniques displaying information for a step- e.g. from a json structure inside the java code: how sequence step number on 3D label

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This problem has different solution depending on the source where you should receive the step description. e.g. the description could be implemented as Annotation description text to the sequence step in Creo Illustrate but also the step description could be contained by some Json files in the local upload directory or on the Thingworx platform.

Here is a PTC article which describes how to access the Creo Illustrated sequence step description: 

Displaying Text Descriptions / Annotation for specific animation steps in ThingWorx Studio

Please, let  me know if you can open the link above. If there is some problem I could add the info to this post

So also related  simple example is mentioned in the post: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Display-the-next-step-name-from-Creo-Illustrate/m-p/707284#M9179

The following post also describes some techniques displaying information for a step- e.g. from a json structure inside the java code: how sequence step number on 3D label

@RolandRaytchev thank you so much for your help 🙂

Top Tags