cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Embed a vuforia studio project into an existing app

RG_10041320
6-Contributor

Embed a vuforia studio project into an existing app

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to embed a vuforia studio project into an existing app. Either by web or even directly.

My idea is that I have an existing application, make a vuforia studio project, and in the application, when I click on a button to see in augmented reality the project opens inside that application. and have the experience inside that application.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @RG_10041320 ,

depending on the goal of the embed view we can:

• another option is to call form you application the Vuforia view app. This will work when you app has the permission to call another app. On the device is a Vuforia View app installed. In this case you can try in your own app to call the url - the deep link which you could see in the share Tab- share experience:

2021-10-27_16-28-30.jpg

e.g. here your app could call window.location or window.lcation.href   = url  e.g.:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.href = function (url) {

try{
    $timeout( () => {var ref = window.location.href=url;          
twx.app.fn.addSnackbarMessage("window.location.href="+window.location.href,"twLogo");},500) 
  }
  catch(e)
  {
    alert('redir failed ' + e); 
  }
}
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.location = function (url) {

try{
    $timeout( () => {var ref = window.location=url;              

twx.app.fn.addSnackbarMessage("window.location.href="+window.location.href,"twLogo");},500) 
  }
  catch(e)
  {
    alert('redir failed ' + e); 
  }
}

When I try this:

https://ccc0d632b447268a.studio-trial.vuforia.io:8080/ExperienceService/properties

this happens:

{"message":"Insufficient permissions to access resource","errorCode":403,"error":{"errorCode":403,"message":"Insufficient permissions to access resource","name":"HttpError","status":403}}

Top Tags