cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Error upon create / add new project

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Error upon create / add new project

See below image for my error.  I don't think it likes the fact that my path in the users drive has a space - It should be "C:\Users\Ryan Family\AppData...  I've searched for ways to rename this path in Windows 10, but no luck.  Is this the source of my error for not being able to see widgets?  What is the workaround or solution?

computer_name_space.JPG

After creating new project, I get the spinny thingmark...then when I hit F5 to refresh, I see the new project in the home page.  When clicking on the project I get the bottom picture...no widgets. Anyway, I think the true source of my issue resides in the error log above with my folder path.

issue-spinny-thingmark-after-create-project.JPG

issue-no-widgets1.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRyan)

I found a workaround to the issue thanks to a call and support from PTC.  I reinstalled Thingworx thru my added account on my computer.  Hopefully, the software developers can find a permanent solution to file paths that have spaces.  My home and work path have spaces for my user name.  

file-path.JPG

TajuJoseph
6-Contributor
(To:BillRyan)

good tip

Thank you Bill

Top Tags