cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Experience Access Management

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Experience Access Management

I would like some clarifications regarding the use of experiences created in Vuforia Studio by external users (clients).
1. How do you create accounts for these users? I tried to look at Vuforia's e-support and app settings, but I didn't find anything
2. How can I manage the passwords and experiences that these users can access? If on a thingmark I have more experiences, can I limit access to only some of these? Can I change my password and access possibilities after they have been configured? Such as?
3. Is the Experience Service already configured by default to be able to "share" the experiences created or do we need to activate it in some way?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Matteo_1987 ,

One of the ways to meet your requirement is by publishing each client experience on a unique ThingMark and then share it with the clients.You can create different users in ThingWorx composer for each client and share them with the respective clients. For example, you have 3 client experiences - {A, B, C}

• Create 3 users such as A, B, C in ThingWorx composer and provide es-publisc-access to these users to access the ThingWorx data as shown below:
    • In ThingWorx, navigate to security -> Users -> New user
    • Enter the Name in the Name field and change the password
    • click Run Time under permissions, add es-public-access user and grant permissions by clicking on green dot as shown below:Screenshot_31.png
  • In Vuforia Studio, publish the experience by choosing the Access type as Requires authenticationScreenshot_32.png
  • Share these users with the respective clients
Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone
(To:ytella)

Ok, that was clear to me.

Thank you.

I would like to know if it is possible to manage multiple experiences on the same Thingmark with different authentications.

Hello.

ty

Hi @Matteo_1987 ,

According to the current capabilities of the vuforia experience service, I think it is not possible to manage multiple experiences on the same ThingMark with different authentications. I will check with our R&D team and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

ytella
17-Peridot
(To:ytella)

Hi @Matteo_1987 ,

Our R&D team has confirmed that the Experience Service doesn't support access control granularity on a single experience level. It's either all experiences/projects or none. 

Hope this helps!

Ciao Matteo,

Ho sviluppato una cosa molto simile alla tua richiesta, devi crearti un interfaccia di login username e password direttamente nell'esperienza e gestisci se l'esperienza puo' essere avviata o meno , a secondo delle regoile e credenziali impostate tipo in un dbase SQL.

e' l'uinico modo per poter gestire l'esecuzione di esperienze in maniera separata x utenti.

Saluti

Giuseppe

Top Tags