cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Fast Part Recognition in Vuforia View without ThingMark or Model Target - How J.H. did it?

vkrayushkin
11-Garnet

Fast Part Recognition in Vuforia View without ThingMark or Model Target - How J.H. did it?

Hello all!

We are watching  LifeWorx video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLP3ex_8MQ&list=PLqmT0DWxH0Vf2rOs8Jx7kSxTXTqTLUqtB&index=2

and here, since 20:40, J. Heppelmann  demonstrates Real Example of Digital Thread = complex of IoT+AI+AR+HPC+…+PLM for Detection Part in the Powerful New Way from PTC.

And during the very fast demo Mr. Heppelmann demonstrate in Vuforia View the following :

He recognize Part without ThingMark or Model Target  in one second:

vkrayushkin_0-1584536575350.png

vkrayushkin_1-1584536575479.png

We are watching  LifeWorx video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLP3ex_8MQ&list=PLqmT0DWxH0Vf2rOs8Jx7kSxTXTqTLUqtB&index=2

and here, since 20:40, J. Heppelmann  demonstrates Real Example of Digital Thread = complex of IoT+AI+AR+HPC+…+PLM for Detection Part in the Powerful New Way from PTC.

And during the very fast demo Mr. Heppelmann demonstrate in Vuforia View the following :

He recognize Part without ThingMark or Model Target  in one second:

vkrayushkin_2-1584536575864.png

vkrayushkin_3-1584536575990.png

The question: How we can reproduce such case (Rapid part recognition in Vuforia View without ThingMark or Model Target) ?

What do we need to add to Vuforia Studio?

Can we use the standard Vuforia View?

What do we need to do with CAD model of the part before AR creation?

Does PTC add such example into PDD Library or into learning in IOTU/PTCU?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @vkrayushkin ,

I do not think that this is a part of the current Studio functionality / at least not in the current release/

I checked the video and there was mention the Vuforia app and AI. Possibly this was a current Vuforia Engine Advance Model Target (based on AI technology) database in the Vuforia App -possibly as widget extension (unfortunately not available at the current time).

About the engine model targeting (which is more advanced as the current Studio functionality) we can learn when we review the following links:

Model Target Guide View

And especially:

Advanced Model Target Databases

Thanks, Roland.

If I right understood you message, (1) J. Heppelmann demonstrates future functionality, very far from real Vuforia Studio functionality; (2) Your explanations focused on Vuforia Engine advanced targeting.

(1) - Oh! I dreamed it was real example of Vuforia Studio imp[lamentation! How it will be wonderful to do similar experience for our Industrial customers! But...

(2) - Yes, you are right: implementation of AI in Engine  Target management for fast part recognition - it is a real technology,  but Vuforia Studio.

Anyway - ThanXs!

Top Tags