cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

File Extension Error .jpg vs. .JPG

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst

File Extension Error .jpg vs. .JPG

I am iterating through images on a 3D image widget. With each step in a .pvz sequence I change an image accordingly. I noticed that capitalization of file extension can cause issues. In the Studio preview, it is fine, but after you export to an IOS device, anything image file that ends in .JPG instead of .jpg doesn't show up.

I think this is a glitch, since they should be treated the same -- but at least now I know what to avoid when generating images for my app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I also found a quick fix. Create a text file with this in it:

ren *.JPG *.jpg

Then change the text file extension from .txt to .bat (such as rename.bat)

Put the bat file in your images folders

Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\***your project name here***\dist\app\resources\Uploaded and:

Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\***your project name here***\src\phone\resources\Uploaded

Then double click on the rename.bat file, and all your images will automatically be changed from xyz.JPG to xyz.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I also found a quick fix. Create a text file with this in it:

ren *.JPG *.jpg

Then change the text file extension from .txt to .bat (such as rename.bat)

Put the bat file in your images folders

Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\***your project name here***\dist\app\resources\Uploaded and:

Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\***your project name here***\src\phone\resources\Uploaded

Then double click on the rename.bat file, and all your images will automatically be changed from xyz.JPG to xyz.jpg

Top Tags