cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How can I make each detail name appear?

wxywxy1
10-Marble

How can I make each detail name appear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g1b4x1YL1Y&feature=youtu.be

If you look at the linked video, you can see each detail name. How can I make this?

List of questions.

1. How to link 3D location and name tag of each part?

2. How does the label change with the camera position?

3. How to make it disappear after a certain distance from the camera?

4. How to make it like the video above?

Visionaries 777 announced a strategic partnership with Johann Kuhn Exponate to bring their engine cut out to life using the latest Vuforia Model Target tracking.
1 REPLY 1

Hi @wxywxy1 ,

regarding to the mention video in your post:

1.) not part of the current Studio functionality. You can try to use some 3d label and change dynamical their location but in it will be difficult to create some leader lines to the components. 

I think this is a vuforia application and is not studio but not sure . It possible that this is some special customization for this large customer.

2.) and 3.) you need to check the eye vector so you can deside the camera position and then do the correct action (display , move, hide)

4.) I believe that this video / the functionality shown there is a result of long work process / investment - some weeks or months so that I do not believe that some ony could answer this question  in few minute . you can try to contact the customer and try to get some detail or contact the PTC professional service to help you / in case that the customer application /respectively customization was developed by PTC.

For example, the highlighting is some TML Widget shader definitions. Also there is list of the components extracted ... etc. .We can discuss here  particular features but not all in one 

Top Tags