cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How make this animation using vuforia studio after the image target is tracked?

GabrielH
4-Participant

How make this animation using vuforia studio after the image target is tracked?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @GabrielH ,

I think the question is how to start this animation when the model target is tracked, right?

You can use javasScript in event:

-  I think the modelLoad is a good candidate for this - because when you scan a model target then it will load the model in the view / when there are many model widget  you need additionally to check the model name/

e.g.:

$rootScope.$on('modelLoaded', function() {
  console.log("modelLoaded event");
   const args = Array.from(arguments);

for( let  i=0;i< args.length;i++ ) {  
    console.log("Event args["+i+"]="+args[i])
if( args[1] === "model-1") // is model-1 widget loading complete?
{
//unset the sequence when more sequneces in model
 $timeout(function () {
  $scope.$applyAsync(()=>{$scope.setWidgetProp('model-1', 'sequence',  '');});  
  },50);

$timeout(function () {
  $scope.$applyAsync(()=>{$scope.setWidgetProp(modelName, 'sequence',  'resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - Sequence Test.pvi');});   
  },50);

$timeout(function() { // will play all
  angular.element(document.getElementById('model-1')).scope().playAll();
  $scope.$applyAsync();}, 100) 

}// end if - model widget name check
}// end for loop for arguments
}); // finish the modelLoad event handling def

Do i need to use creo illustrate or can i use other software?

Hi @GabrielH ,

to  create an animation in a step of sequence - this could be done only with Creo Illustrate . This PTC tool will publish to pvz model . For each sequence the pvz (it could be  renamed as zip and unzipped) will contain a pvi file. The pvi file is an ANSI text file  and in generally could be created by editor or other tool if someone know all commands ( but this will be very work intensive and is not supported - means there is no documentation available ) Therefore to create a sequence with steps you need Creo Illustrate.

Another option is to create an animation via Java Script , see post “Placeing animations on modelItems with javascript

So could i only use javascript to make animation of that 3d model?

Sorry but i'm very new at this

Top Tags