cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to Navigate between downloaded experiences in Vuforia Studio

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

How to Navigate between downloaded experiences in Vuforia Studio

Hello,

How can we navigate between Vuforia Studio Experiences in Vuforia View app if the experiences we are viewing are downloaded for offline view.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Aditya1702 ,

when you meant navigate you means to open an expeirence from inside proejct?

Because you will be able to go to the Downloaded experience tap and could select one of the downloaded epxeriences. But obviously you does not mean that point.

Also another important question  is : if the started  Vuforia   View app could see the experience Server from where the Experience Project was downloaded. I think in the past this was relevant in the behavior.  That I need to check in the current version.

But what is your issue. Did you check some action what is not working? e.g. simple open the experience via link from server / even when the server is not visible ?

Hi @RolandRaytchev,

Thank you for your response.

Yes I mean opening the other experience from inside experience.

I tried the below solution:

https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/index.html#page/Studio_Help_Center/TutorialExperienceFromExperience.html

Its working incase I am connected to the internet but when I try from the downloaded experience tab it does not navigate to other project from inside.

thanks for the clarification.  I think there is a post what reprorted similar requirment https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Download-the-experience-QR-code-from-Vuforia-View-application/td-p/949742

to that we have an enhancement VTS-2001 what is under consideration  by the Vuforia Product managment team. 

Because your quesion possible differs from that ticket - therefore I reported that to R&D /Product managment as VTS-2077 to check if there is change or change planed. Thanks

Hi @RolandRaytchev,

Yes I have gone through the link mentioned above it is similar but let me once again clarify that I don't want to manage experiences locally also I won't be triggering it through QR code. I just want to open another experience from one of the experience on button click. Since I am viewing the experience offline it is not working. Can you suggest any work around for the above case?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aditya Gupta

based on my knowledge - NO - I could not suggest a workaround for that case. Possibly somebody in the communty did managed it and could share his/her experience here. 

I remeber that I had sometimes ago similar case but I could not find where this was documented - article or post.

What I remember that I did- was - some tests on Android 

-frist switched debugging , vebose on device - view  according to/ https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs306191 

• then started in offline mode,
  • went to the tap for downloaded experiences and select offline project from that tab so several time to be sure that was documented in the log.
  • Then I shared the log according https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS283816

And try to see what the Vuforia View was calling in this case to open offline /downloaded project.

My idea was to use this "local" Url for the call

window.location="<Copied Experience Link>";

but so far remeber I could not found any working options. So possible in the mean time the report there changed and such internal url is reported and could work , you can check , possibly works.  I will check the R&D ticket VTS-2077 regulary - there I reported directly your issue.   when there are feedbacks or status changes on that ticket I will share that here. Thanks

Hello @Aditya1702,

It looks like you have some responses on your topic. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Announcements
Top Tags