cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to set Experience Service URL in the view app for HoloLens?

sklyutsev
1-Newbie

How to set Experience Service URL in the view app for HoloLens?

SUBJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sergey, Setting the ES URL within View is not required to view experiences. Studio currently does not allow private experiences for HoloLens.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Sergey, Setting the ES URL within View is not required to view experiences. Studio currently does not allow private experiences for HoloLens.

Hi Tara,

Hmm. Kind of makes it useless for prototyping and evaluation. Companies are interested in own use cases but precooked show cases. Has it been planned to release "normal" version with ability set ES URL soon?

Hi Sergey,

You should still be able to scan a ThingMark from an experience you created and view it using your HoloLens without setting the ES URL within View. The current limitation is that you must set your experiences to public when publishing them.

We have dedicated ES URL for our company to publish our own expiriences. I use it for iOS and Android ThingWorx View apps. The publishing to "default" ES is not allowed (at least for us) anymore.

Studio 8.0.2 allows for setting the ES url in Hololens. Follow these steps:

https://help.vuforia.io/studio/#page/ThingWorx_Studio_Help_Center%2FEyewearViewAndHololens.html%23wwID0ESZOO

Hi Marty,

It still doesn't work. I can set Experience Service URL via QR code (thank you).

But when I try to scan VuMark it says "There was problem querying identity resolution service. Please check you network connection."

The View app on the iPhone on the same Wi-Fi works fine. I see my experience. So network is not the issue.

My experience has been published as public so login credentials are not required. And it is so on the iPhone.

My guess is that HoloLens View may be has issue with credential request somehow when it shouldn't be one. Or something else.

pyalu
4-Participant
(To:sklyutsev)

maybe the studio version is not 8.0.2?  i guess

Do you mean Viewer? The Viewer is 8.02. Otherwise I will not be able to set Service URL at all.

The ThingWorx View for HoloLens 80.3.176.0 still doesn't work with custom Experience Service URL. It says "There was problem contacting Experience Service". ThingWorx View for iPhone 8.03 works fine with the same URL and on the same Wi-Fi.

Does HoloLens version support HTTPS?

Has anything changed with that issue?

I`m trying to use a custom Experience Service URL as well..

Top Tags