cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to show compression of spring in creo illustrate without using creo mechanism(animation) ?

Suraj_Patil
15-Moonstone

How to show compression of spring in creo illustrate without using creo mechanism(animation) ?

I am working on one complex assembly project where in between sequence I need to show the compression of spring followed by forward movement of piston. How to achieve this in creo illustrate without using Creo parametric (Mechanism/Animation- no license). 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The only method I know of to show this would be to have two models of the spring, one in the compressed state and the other in the uncompressed state. You would then swap one out for the other.

Not an animation as such but Illustrate does not have the ability to deform solid bodies. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The only method I know of to show this would be to have two models of the spring, one in the compressed state and the other in the uncompressed state. You would then swap one out for the other.

Not an animation as such but Illustrate does not have the ability to deform solid bodies. 

I m already using this.apart from this is there any other method or manipulation 

you can scale the item - this will simulate compression (though it really isnt compressing the sprint)

Can you please elaborate this?

sebben
12-Amethyst
(To:Suraj_Patil)

Hi,

to get a compression animation you can change the scale of your spring for example in an interval function like this:

var i = 1;
$interval(function() {
  $scope.view.wdg["modelItem-1"].scale =1 + " " + i + " " + 1;
  i-=0.01;
}
          , 50, 30);

yup, good way to scale the item down. to make it behave like a spring and perhaps compress and decompress, you could use a sin function.

you could also use a $watch and tie the value of one property (ot time) with the putput of this function that drives the scale value.  lots of ways to do this inside of Studio itself.

The challenge here is that this will not synchronise with any animation that might be playing from creo illustrate.

To have something sync with the illustration animation, you need to build it into the animation within Illustrate.  just as you can move parts, rotate parts, unscrew parts, you can scale parts - this is how the 'pulse' effect works. You can edit the scale property yourself, so you dont need to use pulse effect.  As with any other property, you can edit the timeline by setting the time clock and then manually adding a key value - you can scale a part by using the dragger and (I think) holding shift down when on the center. Youc an also open the properties edit dialog box and change the scale value directly.  See Creo Illustrate help for detail on how to edit animations.

Top Tags