cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

If Image Target is too large, ES throws a status code 413

jsteinerman
6-Contributor

If Image Target is too large, ES throws a status code 413

I tried publishing a HoloLens Image Target experience, and the publishing failed. The logs showed the following:

[2020-05-11T17:00:18.409Z] error: [twx-studio:ves-publish:1589216415170:AR_Templater_Hololens] Failed to upload to the Experience Service. null
[2020-05-11T17:00:18.409Z] error: [twx-studio:projectHelper] publishTask error for project AR_Templater_Hololens {
statusCode: 413,
message: '{"message":"long running target generation process terminated","errorCode":"","error":{}}'
}

The image I was trying to use as an Image Target was 2.9 MB, and 7068x7068. I made the image smaller to be 7"x7" and less than 1 MB, and then the project published successfully.

Studio should show a proper warning/error if you try using an Image Target that's too large.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @jsteinerman ,

1.)lease, check on the Vuforia Studio folder if in builder-settings.json
"serverMTG" to true.
On server side: 

On server side: if you have access enable debug
enable Debug mode on ES.

1. Stop VES
2. Execute "set DEBUG=vxs*" on DOS prompt.
3. Start VES via the same DOS prompt window.
4. VES log should start debug logging.

set DEBUG=vxs*
and check
c:\ptc\studio-es>set DEBUG
>>DEBUG=vxs*

2.) check the targer configuration 

"targetGenerator": {
    "maxTasks": 0,
    "timeout": -1,
    "maxMemory": "1.5GB",
    "model": {
      "maxModelSize": 0,
      "maxPolygons": 500000,
      "disable": false
    },
    "image": {
      "maxImageSize": 0
    }

-> configuration.json.

please, refer to "PTC Article - CS259471 Model Complexity in Vuforia Studio"

check your model  target size and possible increase the parameters values -/stop and restart the server to update

I am seeing this issue on a trial server, so do not have access to change settings there.

Also, in builder-settings.json I do not see the property "serverMTG". Also note that this issue is related to Image Targets, not Model Targets.

Can you file this as a bug - their needs to be better error messaging to users when they try publishing an Image Target experience with an Image that is too large.

This error came up when I tried publishing an experience with an Image that was 7046x7046 (2.8MB). When that was image was reduced to 900x900 (<1MB), the error did not occur.

Is no problem but the correct way is to report this to ptc.com/support

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Reporting issues for community  we will do onlyin cases that  user has no support at PTC and have no active PTC support account.

Thanks!

Top Tags