cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Internationalization and localization

feil
11-Garnet

Internationalization and localization

Hi folks.

How to you deal with internationalization?
Is there sometihng planned by ptc?
Do you have custom implementations? Or external libs in use?

Greets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @feil,

so far I know currently there is not extra functionality implemented in Studio. I am not aware about plans for  imlementation soon.

But I think  you can try this funcitonlaity on level angularJS or JavaScript

Generally in JavaScript the efforts to adapt software products to multiple languages fall under the umbrella of Globalization (G11N) which includes: Translation (T9N), Localization (L10N), and Internationalization (I18N). Globalization (G11N) also includes non-engineering business units and categories like marketing, legal, sales, etc.
Translation (T9N) is the most granular level, the process of converting text strings from one language into another.
Localization (L10N) is the process of translating the internationalized app into specific languages for particular locales, such as English in the US (en-US) or English in the UK (en-UK).
Internationalization (I18N) is the process of designing and preparing the app to be used within different locales.

We have some internationalization angular packages written in JavaScript

Also an informatiotion about AngularJS support i18n/l10n:
AngularJS supports i18n/l10n for date, number and currency filters here or here 

On the javaScript level here some link 1 and 2

I did use this functionality my self , but I think it could work but of course you need to test it on the end platforms if it works

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @feil,

so far I know currently there is not extra functionality implemented in Studio. I am not aware about plans for  imlementation soon.

But I think  you can try this funcitonlaity on level angularJS or JavaScript

Generally in JavaScript the efforts to adapt software products to multiple languages fall under the umbrella of Globalization (G11N) which includes: Translation (T9N), Localization (L10N), and Internationalization (I18N). Globalization (G11N) also includes non-engineering business units and categories like marketing, legal, sales, etc.
Translation (T9N) is the most granular level, the process of converting text strings from one language into another.
Localization (L10N) is the process of translating the internationalized app into specific languages for particular locales, such as English in the US (en-US) or English in the UK (en-UK).
Internationalization (I18N) is the process of designing and preparing the app to be used within different locales.

We have some internationalization angular packages written in JavaScript

Also an informatiotion about AngularJS support i18n/l10n:
AngularJS supports i18n/l10n for date, number and currency filters here or here 

On the javaScript level here some link 1 and 2

I did use this functionality my self , but I think it could work but of course you need to test it on the end platforms if it works

Top Tags