cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Multiple Image Targets in Vuforia Studio

Zonda716
2-Guest

Multiple Image Targets in Vuforia Studio

Hi! I'm new to Vuforia Studio and i'd like to use it to develop an AR app that can recognize different "stickers" (image targets) that are on different products and show labels about the properties of those products (i.e. a product could have many stickers on it)

I couldn't find a way to put multiple image targets with their respective augmentations on a project.

Does Vuforia Studio support this? Is there any way I can make this work on one single project?

Thanks,

Facundo.

5 REPLIES 5

You can only have one target at a time, so you could do this by using multiple views in the experience - each view looks for the appropriate image.  So when the user switches to the new view, then will then be asked to scan for the sticker.

Can I have some info : where is the other view ? 

If you can incorporate scannable bar codes in your stickers, you could use the Scan widget to scan the bar codes and display information based on the scanned value.

Hi, Clay.

I'm going this way. I'm thinking of using QR codes as image targets instead of symbols and use those QR to enter into different "views" in which each one has its QR (the one you had to scan previously) set up as Image Target in order to display the according information in AR. The only issue that I'm having right now is that I don't know how to properly do this. I've implemented a "scan" widget and a display value, to show the value of the QR, but i don't know how to get this value and make something like an "if" situation where the program understands that if the QR has certain values it should go to view 1, 2, 3... etc.

I'm gonna keep investigating and learning.

Thanks!

Here's an approach to getting the scanned value and doing something with it:

1) In Home.js, define a function that takes the scanned value and navigates to the desired view, something like this:

$scope.selectView = function(value) {
  if (value=="1") {
    $scope.app.fn.navigate("view1");
  }
  else if (value=="2") {
    $scope.app.fn.navigate("view2");
  }
  // etc...
  else {
    alert("Unrecognized scan value: " + value);
  }
}

2) In the Properties for your Scan widget, set the JS for the "Value Acquired" event to call this function and pass in the scanned value:

selectView(this.me.scannedValue)

That should do it (assuming tweaks for your actual scanned values and view names).

Top Tags