cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Optimize PVZ before

Giuseppe_Fiore
15-Moonstone

Optimize PVZ before

how can i use pvroptimizer.exe to compress pvz files outside Vuforia Studio. The reason is to compress the pvz before I can work them in the Studio environment.

Thnx

@Giuseppe_Fiore 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Giuseppe_Fiore ,

so the helpful guide mention by @yanchen  , requires for some parts of the configuration that you have the Creo View MCAD adapter.

If you do not have the adapter configuration you can still use, there the information about the rcp files configurations .

In this case you can use the optimizer tool provided with the Studio Installation.

For example, on my installation of Studio -> user rraytchev on local machine:

C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvaroptimizer.exe
//for help you can call
C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvaroptimizer.exe -help

In this case you can use a batch command to call something like :

C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvaroptimizer.exe -r C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvaroptimizer_low.rcp engine_test_exp.pvz

In the sample call above I am calling the optimizer of Vuforia studio for low pvz version optimization - model engine_test_exp.pvz - the model which should be optimized and will create egnine_test_exp.pvz.

But you can use any others rcp files configuration / taking your own option from the mention guide/ referring by the -r option to your rcp file

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can use VS to do the optimization for you, and then copy the PVZ files out of the project folder and do whatever you like with them.

After you load a model with optimization checked, look in the folder:

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\{projectname}\src\phone\resources\Uploaded

You'll find the main PVZ, and the *_High, *_Med, and *_Low optimized versions. Just grab the one you want and copy it over to another folder to use.

Another alternative would be Creo View Adapter instead of pvroptimizer.

Creo View Adapter can transfer CAD data to lightweight PVZ, this is how to use locally or with Windchill to generate lightweight visualization solution. Also  it supports to optimize PVZ by recipe files.

Check below installation and configuration guide for further information:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/6C5E1160BB734412869ABAB3CF34555A.pdf?sc_lang=en

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Steven

Thnx

I found a way to create an automatism without using vuforia Studio. Thanks for the document it was useful to understand how to pass the parameters and the use of the recipes.

Giuseppe 

Hi @Giuseppe_Fiore ,

so the helpful guide mention by @yanchen  , requires for some parts of the configuration that you have the Creo View MCAD adapter.

If you do not have the adapter configuration you can still use, there the information about the rcp files configurations .

In this case you can use the optimizer tool provided with the Studio Installation.

For example, on my installation of Studio -> user rraytchev on local machine:

C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvaroptimizer.exe
//for help you can call
C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvaroptimizer.exe -help

In this case you can use a batch command to call something like :

C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvaroptimizer.exe -r C:\Users\rraytchev\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvaroptimizer_low.rcp engine_test_exp.pvz

In the sample call above I am calling the optimizer of Vuforia studio for low pvz version optimization - model engine_test_exp.pvz - the model which should be optimized and will create egnine_test_exp.pvz.

But you can use any others rcp files configuration / taking your own option from the mention guide/ referring by the -r option to your rcp file

Thanxs Roland , that's what i did and it works Great.

@Giuseppe_Fiore 

Top Tags