cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Re: Finding distance from the model

vivekse
13-Aquamarine

Re: Finding distance from the model

Thank you @RolandRaytchev . Now its working fine.

But now I have another issue with my experience. What is want is that when the distance between our phone and and our model is less than 0.5 a popup should come to alert the user that it is not safe to come any closer.

For that purpose I used following code:

$scope.trigger = function() {

if (+magnitute(fargs.position[0].toFixed(2),fargs.position[1].toFixed(2),fargs.position[2].toFixed(2)) < 0.5) {

$scope.setWidgetProp('popup-2', 'visible', true)}
};

But it does not work..

Can you help me recifying this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I will suggest to use some code like this:

if (+magnitute(fargs.position[0].toFixed(2),fargs.position[1].toFixed(2),fargs.position[2].toFixed(2)) < 0.5) {

//$scope.setWidgetProp('popup-2', 'visible', true)
 $scope.app.fn.triggerWidgetService("popup-2","showpopup");
//show popup
else
$scope.app.fn.triggerWidgetService("popup-2","hidepopup");
//if distance large then hide
}
};

So I tested and it worked in preview.

2020-02-10_11-52-19.gif

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I will suggest to use some code like this:

//$scope.setWidgetProp('popup-2', 'visible', true)
 $scope.app.fn.triggerWidgetService("popup-2","showpopup");
//show popup
else
$scope.app.fn.triggerWidgetService("popup-2","hidepopup");
//if distance large then hide
}
};

So I tested and it worked in preview.

2020-02-10_11-52-19.gif

Thank you once again @RolandRaytchev for you reply. But even now after applying the code provided by you, it doesn't work.

Another thing is I am using trial version of vuforia studio and in 3D-Container, I do not have the option of 'extended tracking events'. Therefore I am not able to use this feature completely.

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Can you please tag the project since the code didn't worked in my system?

Hi @vivekse ,

I uploaded 2 test projects.

One for mobile device (testEye-Custom ) and other for HoloLens device (testEye-HoloL)

Please, pay attention that it should only display how this could work. It measure only the distance to the global 0.0.0) If you consider object with another positon you need to calculate the

delta = Math.abs(magnitute(PointObjectMidle - eyepos))

The pictures in in my previous post to this topic  was made  in testEye-Custom project - for the mobile device

On the HoloLens there is no popups possible - here we can use 3dLabels where we set some specific css style or we can use a 3dImag with dynamicaly generated svg file. see also the topic Display SVG as 3D Image on Hololens

Top Tags