cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Reposition Model into canvas

Giuseppe_Fiore
15-Moonstone

Reposition Model into canvas

Hy,

Exists trough code to give the user the possibility to reposition the model as it happens when the device is shaken?

thnx

Giuseppe

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Giuseppe_Fiore,

is your question regarding to gesture pan, zoom scale with spatial target?

If yes in this case we can call the reset Gesture

$scope.$root.$broadcast("app.view['Home'].wdg['spatialTarget-1'].svc.resetGesture");

or is the problem different?

I really meant the replacing of the model...

Inkedriposiziona_LI.jpg

thnx

Giuseppe

for replace I will udnerstand that the model  e.g. specific .pvz file behinde -  is replaced by other model (e.g. we have shown engine.pvz and now we will display e.g. motorassembly.pvz) . Or do you mean that the model disapper and you can  then try to set a new postion?  o, according your picture I believe , that you want to set it back to the mode where you can specify the plane surface for a new postion, right?

i want set a new position.

thnx

giuseppe

When we shake the device this will lead to losing the tracking (tracking lost event is fired) and then it will start the scan again. Unfortunately, currently there is no API to rise this event. I tried some think like :

args={};
$scope.$emit("trackinglost", args)

but no success. May be here the args required some setting but there is no informaiton
I found that PTC intern the question was answered 2018 already  by development team. Currently seems not to be an action which will achieve this goal
The original internal question was:
“If a spatial target has locked to a certain (place on a) horizontal surface, are there programmatic ways (bindings/javascript) to reset and refocus the spatial target on a new (place on a) horizontal surface without having to violently shake the viewing device.”
R&D anser>>
“Nope, but when we provide the resetAR API, that will do this as part of stopping and restarting the tracking.”
So this means there are some plans to implement the resetAR service/API  but there is currently no information when  this will be implemented

Top Tags