cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Scaling issues with model target

feil
11-Garnet

Scaling issues with model target

Hi Guys.

For a customer project I have a model target which ten times smaller than the real object. 
It is more practical to show it on a smaller model to the customer, and we already have it 3D-printed
Because the model in studio is more detailed as the printed real one, I'm using a reduced Model as target model, so I'm superimposing the reduced one on the detailed model.
The issue(s) I'm facing now are, that when I scale up the model target to match the detailed model, it's not recognized
anymore, so I have to scale down the detailed model in studio, which is very inconvenient, because then I have to scale every single text and labels, etc. manually, and when we are using the real object later one, I have to do the same thing backwards scaling everything up again.

Is there a better method to do this?
Is someone facing the same issues, or has any ideas?

Could there by an Conversion error in studio? Because when I want to scale up the target model (245mm) to the real one (2450mm) I have to type in 1000.0 in the scale field, not 10 !?!

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @feil ,

when I am reading your question, I have 2 ideas but unfortunately I do not have time now to verify them but may be it could be helpful to mention them. If this is not helpful I could check it more detailed later.

1.) the one Idea will be to use 2 model. One the real model what you want to display and the second is the simplified model where you could create the model target. So on start you could  set the visibility of the model used for the target to false.

2.) second idea (is a little dirty) is to scale the model in project so that it will be ok for creation of the target.

Then always the Event Tracking Acquired is called then change the scale to the desired one and may be set it back when tracing lost is called (events of the Model Target widget). I do not think that this is a good idea but what to mention it just for the case

I think using 2 models one for the display and one for the target will be the better way 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @feil ,

when I am reading your question, I have 2 ideas but unfortunately I do not have time now to verify them but may be it could be helpful to mention them. If this is not helpful I could check it more detailed later.

1.) the one Idea will be to use 2 model. One the real model what you want to display and the second is the simplified model where you could create the model target. So on start you could  set the visibility of the model used for the target to false.

2.) second idea (is a little dirty) is to scale the model in project so that it will be ok for creation of the target.

Then always the Event Tracking Acquired is called then change the scale to the desired one and may be set it back when tracing lost is called (events of the Model Target widget). I do not think that this is a good idea but what to mention it just for the case

I think using 2 models one for the display and one for the target will be the better way 

Top Tags