cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Selecting a sub-assembly in vuforia-studio using 'model-item' widget

venkatraj
12-Amethyst

Selecting a sub-assembly in vuforia-studio using 'model-item' widget

I've a top-assembly with five sub-assemblies, which i added into studio as .pvz file. There I want to play with the sub-assemblies individually (example: a button to change the transparency level of one sub-assembly alone), so I dropped the 'model-item' widget on my model. But it picked only one single part. Converting each sub-asembly into individual .pvz will work, but is there any way to pick a sub-assembly after importing the top level as a single model.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:venkatraj)

Hello,

In Vuforia Studio, the Model Item has a field named Component Occurence.

With this field we can control which Component of the Assembly to use.

vuforia_studio_model_item_component_occurence.png

The solution to find quickly, the path of occurrence is to use Creo View and to follow these steps :

1. In Creo View, open the pvz file
  2. In Viewables tab, in Model list, click the Default View itemCreo_view_viewables.png

3. In the Model tab, in the tree, select the sub Assembly, Part or Component wantedcreo_view_model.png

4. In the Root tab, scroll down until to see the Part ID Path setting. It is the same value to use in Vuforia Studiocreo_view_part_id_path.png

Best regards,

Samuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:venkatraj)

Hello,

In Vuforia Studio, the Model Item has a field named Component Occurence.

With this field we can control which Component of the Assembly to use.

vuforia_studio_model_item_component_occurence.png

The solution to find quickly, the path of occurrence is to use Creo View and to follow these steps :

1. In Creo View, open the pvz file
  2. In Viewables tab, in Model list, click the Default View itemCreo_view_viewables.png

3. In the Model tab, in the tree, select the sub Assembly, Part or Component wantedcreo_view_model.png

4. In the Root tab, scroll down until to see the Part ID Path setting. It is the same value to use in Vuforia Studiocreo_view_part_id_path.png

Best regards,

Samuel

venkatraj
12-Amethyst
(To:sdidier)

Excellent!!! It worked. Thanks.

Top Tags