cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Sequence Error

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Sequence Error

Hello,

I have created a sequence with assembly procedures and it works well in illustrate and is saved to PVZ. But when the same model is loaded and sequence is run in Studio, the Sequence procedure acts weird ( the components which need to be assembled are called in ( or Fade IN ) from an exploded position and are supposed to take the SBOM location  but the issue I am facing is that the component first highlights itself in the SBOM position ( Not intended ) and then starts to move in to the SBOM location.
Am I missing something here?

Avinash

3 REPLIES 3
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:agangaiah)

Hello Avinash,

You have opened a Technical Support case about this issue.

I have taken ownership on this case and I am sending you an email to start investigation.

At the end, we will share the results of this investigation in this post.

Best regards,

Samuel

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:sdidier)

Hello,

More details about investigations done on this issue.

When playing a Sequence in Creo Illustrate, we have the behavior expected.

In the example, a Fade In effect is applied and a Component is moving.

In Creo View, with the pvz file exported from Creo Illustrate, we have the same behavior when playing the Sequence.

In Vuforia Studio, when playing the Sequence, behavior is not similar.

The Component doesn't start at the original position.

It is placed at the location where it should be at the end of the Sequence.

So, when playing the Sequence, we can see a quick move (or a teleportation like in Star Trek) of the Component at the location where it should start.

It has been reported to R&D as JIRA ticket DT-24407 :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS312474

I will update this post with more details when R&D will finish to investigate on that.

Best regards,

Samuel

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:agangaiah)

i was also facing same issue with vuforia studio and i don't think there is solution on this 

so instead of that i tried following procedure in creo Illustrate and its successfully working in Vuforia Studio

First of all in sequences there are n number of steps can be created. so in step 1: you can show or create dis-assembly of object, after that you can copy that step 1 and paste it in step 2 . so now step 1 and 2 are same .

now in step 2 by right click of mouse button u can see option like : mirror, reverse...bla bla ...

by right click and selecting the reverse option, your step 2 will get reversed which is nothing but assembly sequence.

BY impoerting this .PVZ file of above sequense u can acheive the assembly sequense in step 2 

Top Tags