cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sequence navigation not possible on Hololens 2 hardware, but works using Preview.

Radu
15-Moonstone

Sequence navigation not possible on Hololens 2 hardware, but works using Preview.

Hi.

Attached below is a simple use case that demonstrates the problem. In it, using preview, you can see the model navigating sequences. However, on the Hololens 2, the model doesn't show up in its default sequence (set by the setSection function, which returns, by default, the first sequence of the model), and is also not navigating through sequences with the help of the buttons.

Pretty much what is going on here is that I have a JSON object that specifies the sequence files inside an array, so it can be iterated in the experience. The iteration through this array is done by the forwardSection and backSection functions. Once the buttons are pressed, forwardSection/backSection is called, with setSection being called afterwards with the proper argument (the next/previous sequence number).

Has anyone encountered this before or knows what could be the reason why? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkConig
6-Contributor
(To:Radu)

Hello, I have an older version of Vuforia (without press buttons, still have the old ones) so I cannot fully test your experience. But I did notice a problem. For Hololens you need to upload the pvi files separately. To get the pvi files, take a copy of your pvz file and rename it, take off the .pvz extension and put zip. This turns it into a zip file. Unzip it and you'll find all your pvi files. Upload all the pvi files in Vuforia and everything should work.

I use a system where it reads the studioID of the button, which should match the name of the pvi file, and switches it to that one. That line of code looks like this:

$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['sequence'] = 'app/resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - ' + name + '.pvi';

Hope that helps.

- Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkConig
6-Contributor
(To:Radu)

Hello, I have an older version of Vuforia (without press buttons, still have the old ones) so I cannot fully test your experience. But I did notice a problem. For Hololens you need to upload the pvi files separately. To get the pvi files, take a copy of your pvz file and rename it, take off the .pvz extension and put zip. This turns it into a zip file. Unzip it and you'll find all your pvi files. Upload all the pvi files in Vuforia and everything should work.

I use a system where it reads the studioID of the button, which should match the name of the pvi file, and switches it to that one. That line of code looks like this:

$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['sequence'] = 'app/resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - ' + name + '.pvi';

Hope that helps.

- Mark

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:MarkConig)

Hey, Mark.

Great response, fantastic! Importing each .pvi file separately solved the issue.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Top Tags