cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Standalone App Build

TVallery
1-Newbie

Standalone App Build

I'm brand new to Vuforia Studio platform and I'm still trying to figure out its capabilities. Is it possible to build and deploy a standalone app of the experience or is it required to view the experience through Vuforia's app? 

2 REPLIES 2
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:TVallery)

Studio can only deploy to Vuforia View. It's a platform more than a development environment. If you want a standalone app you are going to want to look at Vuforia Engine in Unity.

However I think anything you can do in Studio you can do in Engine/Unity. Of course you can do more in Unity with Engine but if you need to get a POC together and can achieve your functionality in Studio it should be much quicker to develop in Studio.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:jmikesell)

@TVallery- Yes, the details shared by Jeremy is correct and just wanted to add more details in case you are looking to build an independent app ( apart from Vuforia View) then you can use Vuforia SDK to build app for different OS. For more details, check out Vuforia SDK's.

Vuforia Studio is Rapid AR Authoring Solution. The Experiences authored in Vuforia Studio can be deployed to the
Cloud or On-premise and accessed from smart phones, tablets or wearable devices via a single universal viewer application - Vuforia View. 

-Durgesh

Top Tags