cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Textured OBJ model works in iOS but not Android?

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Textured OBJ model works in iOS but not Android?

Hi Folks--

I'm working on some experiences using textures, as described in this thread. When I view the experience in the Preview window, or on iOS (iPad Pro), I can see the texture on the object. But when I view it in Android (Nexus 5x), I don't see the texture, just a shiny gray surface.

Is this a known limitation of Thingworx View on Android? Or is it something I'm doing wrong? Is there some way I could tweak the *.mtl file or something else to make it work on Android? Any suggestions appreciated!

--Clay

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:ClayHelberg)

@ClayHelberg Is it possible to share the Obj file to reproduce and which Android, Studio version you are using ?

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh--

A sample file (obj, mtl, & texture png) is attached. I made a very simple experience, and I see the texture in iOS, but not in Android. A different case using JPG for the texture image format gave similar results. Android version of Thingworx View is 8.2.0.1198. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

--Clay

Also, Thingworx Studio version is 8.2.0.2742.

--C

Top Tags