cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx Studio Animation not working

priyag17
6-Contributor

Thingworx Studio Animation not working

The sequence is running in the studio but without  highlight effect and symbol,how to show the assembling process of a model with animation and symbols which we can see in illustrate but not in Studio.

6 REPLIES 6
WilsonT
13-Aquamarine
(To:priyag17)

Hi @priyag17,

You can play the sequence developed in Creo Illusrate in Studio by binding the Click event of a button widget to the play service of your 3D model. So the sequence will be played when you click the button.

Alternatively, you can do it programmatically.

<modelname>.scope().playAll();

priyag17
6-Contributor
(To:WilsonT)

@WilsonT  The sequence steps are playing in Studio but without symbol and highlight effect which were added in creo illustrate

WilsonT
13-Aquamarine
(To:priyag17)

Hi @priyag17 ,

Symbols do not get transferred to Vuforia Studio. Please refer to this post for workaround.

1) I have added symbol tools(.prt ) in base CAD file and created sequence step, loaded the tool for un screwed and then unload (un check) the tool in bom structure while creating sequence...but these things are not visible in studio.

2) Also tried. Added symbol from symbol library(.ol) in BOM and tried same operation like above explained

These two operation methods are not visible tools in studio...but the in illustrate tools paying sequence visible.

Some snap added for how i load and unloaded the tools.

Any solutions for this....

WilsonT
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4887222)

Hi @ptc-4887222,

I imported the torque wrench symbol ( .ol) into Creo Illustrate as sBOM, and added animation to it. Once published it as .pvz file, I imported it into Vuforia Studio and manage to see the animation/effect.

Torque wrench symbol (.ol)

WilsonT_0-1587799401407.png

Animation and effect are visible in Vuforia Studio experience preview.

If you want the tool to be invisible after the sequence, you can use the fade out effect (instead of unload the symbol).

Yes the symbols are visible now in both methods (.ol) and (.prt) added in CAD base assembly..

Thanks a lot.,,,

Top Tags